Between 1880 and 1910 Ukrainians migrated in large numbers to the west Chicago neighborhood now known as Ukrainian Village. As with other ethnic enclaves, the neighborhood's Ukrainian population declined with the rise of suburbanization after World War II. While the Ukrainian-American population is just a fraction of what it once was, the Ukrainian influence remains, as seen in the district's many Ukrainian institutions and ornate churches.
Memorial statue outside Ukrainian Cultural Center of Saint Volodymyr and Princess Olha.
Doors of the Saint Nicholas Cathedral School
Ukraina Deli, West Chicago Avenue
Ukrainian flags on display, North Oakley Boulevard
Ukrainian Village Street Sign
Van with Ukrainian flag
Old Lviv Restaurant, West Chicago Avenue